Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2019

Last Ditch Effort Leads to a Great Discovery

Oops!  I meant to share this particular post with you some time ago.  I guess it's better late than never.  My great discovery happened way back in December.  I was trying to finish up some more Christmas cards and became frustrated by how long it was taking me to peel off the adhesive-backed strips of gold foil from our Timeless Tidings card kits.  These kits were beautiful and I really wanted to make some more cards from them but I was running out of time. 
At the same time, we had workers running about as we were undergoing our water damage repair and my studio renovations.  This was frustrating and distracting to my creative mode.  I thought the kits would keep me going until I could have some peace and quiet to do my own designing and creating, but I was so frustrated with this adhesive situation.  I kept thinking ... if only there was something you could swipe over the adhesive to collect all the stray pieces.  And that's when my discovery came to be.  I used a lint roller!  Yes, a lint roller.  I was a happy camper!!!
Here are the cards.  Remember this kit?  It was so pretty!
See the pieces that were still stuck in the foil strip.
Check this out!  Roll the lint roller across the back and the stray pieces came away ... almost like magic.  It does not hurt the adhesive either and it still adheres to your card perfectly.
Now, the strip is perfect and ready to go on a beautiful card.
Yes, I collected a lot of these stray pieces.
I hope we get another beautiful kit for next Christmas ... and, if it has any strips like these in the kit, I will have my lint roller ready:)  File this technique away for future use.
UP NEXT:

May 13 --- Scraps and Prayers / 5:30-7:30 / $18.
We'll be making 3 beautiful cards ... with watercoloring and trying fun, new techniques using the Stamparatus and we'll try THREE fun 'tricks' with embossing foldersIt won't be all Brusho for this class but it will be all fun! 
REGISTRATION CLOSED.

SAVE THE DATES

June 23 --- 2:00-5:00 / Get ready for fun!  
Summer Open House / New Catalog Party


June 28-29 --- 8:00-5:00 Friday / 8:00-Noon Saturday
MY ANNUAL GARAGE SALE
I'll have lots of stamping and paper crafting products for sale.
Come and find a good bargain!


RETIRING PRODUCTS
 CLICK HERE TO SEE THE LISTS:
     Occasions Catalog Retiring Products List
     
     Annual Catalog Retiring Products List
Lots of products are already sold out so shop now if there's something you still want to try to get.  Be sure to check out the Clearance Rack, too.  You'll find lot of great bargains.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...