Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Spring Doesn't Love Me Back ... Stampin' Blends on Spring Foils Card

I've been struggling with Spring allergies ever since my family moved back to Central Illinois from the East Coast, after I graduated from high school.  I attended high school just 6 miles from Atlantic City.  Our school building was actually on pilings, on the bay.  I loved the East Coast.  I lived in New York state, northern New Jersey and southern New Jersey.  In northern New Jersey, we lived in absolutely gorgeous dairy country.  We had wonderful friends.
When we moved to southern New Jersey, I got to walk home from school every day in the sea mist --- very delightful, except for my curly hair.  Yikes!  We got to go to the ocean frequently and I had the honor of taking organ lessons from George Ashton in Ocean City.  It was a wonderful time of my life.
Moving back to Central Illinois held the excitement of starting college, getting a teaching job and beginning life on my own.  Then, somewhere in the midst of all that, my allergies started.  Ugh!  Now that I have asthma, they trigger my asthma a lot in the Spring.  I am so glad that I can do my art work out of the pollen and all.  I did sneak out to add a few fun things to my front porch.
I had more photos, but the reflections in the large front window rather ruined the shots.  Oh well.  I still can enjoy it all, I just can't share it.
My husband and I had a real serendipity this morning.  As we were on the deck, taking the 3 furries out for their morning run (etc.), a tiny, absolutely adorable blue bird landed on one side of our bird feeder.  He flew off and then came back and ate some of the seeds on the ground.  We think it was an Indigo Bunting.  They're in the Cardinal family and love our seeds.  We'd never seen one here before and it was so cute.  It was a gorgeous blue ... obviously a male.  Why is it the male birds get to look so much more colorful?  Is that fair?
So... even though I love Spring and it doesn't love me back,  I can enjoy a Spring card.  Today's card is from my stash of Spring Foils DSP, colored in with Stampin' Blends.  I have since used up this stash, I'm proud to say.  Here's my card.  Yes, it has some fussy cutting involved.  I actually find fussy cutting to be quite relaxing, just not a good thing if you're in a hurry to finish a card:)
This card uses the bright color story of Lemon Lime Twist and Bermuda Bay.  I love it!  By the way, the only way I will be able to endure the loss of Lemon Lime Twist retiring is to cling to our new Granny Apple Green.  Who knew I'd become such a green lover!  (I'll admit I still don't love Garden Green or Shaded Spruce but, with the right color story, they are pretty, too.)  It's all about the right color story.
This was such pretty paper.  I'm not sad it's gone though because we have some new DSP coming out that will take your breath away.  I can't wait to share it!
UP NEXT:

May 13 --- Scraps and Prayers / 5:30-7:30 / $18.
We'll be making 3 beautiful cards ... with watercoloring and trying fun, new techniques using the Stamparatus and we'll try THREE fun 'tricks' with embossing foldersIt won't be all Brusho for this class but it will be all fun! 
REGISTRATION CLOSED.

SAVE THE DATES

June 23 --- 2:00-5:00 / Get ready for fun!  
Summer Open House / New Catalog Party


June 28-29 --- 8:00-5:00 Friday / 8:00-Noon Saturday
MY ANNUAL GARAGE SALE
I'll have lots of stamping and paper crafting products for sale.
Come and find a good bargain!


RETIRING PRODUCTS
 CLICK HERE TO SEE THE LISTS:
     Occasions Catalog Retiring Products List
     
     Annual Catalog Retiring Products List
Lots of products are already sold out so shop now if there's something you still want to try to get.  Be sure to check out the Clearance Rack, too.  You'll find lot of great bargains.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...