Pages

Saturday, May 4, 2019

Mother of Pearl Technique with Frosted Floral DSP

One DSP that I kept and ... alright, I sort of hoarded it ... was our Frosted Floral DSP.  It's sooooo pretty!  I decided at one of my previous classes that I'd like to teach them the Mother of Pearl technique and I thought this paper would work well with it all.  I also got the pleasure of using my beloved Blackberry Bliss CS for the card base.  That color makes my heart happy.  Here's the card we made.
Using Sahara Sand ink and a very light sponging and stamping off of the image creates a vintage look.
Once the Sahara Sand ink is dry, place your hand in a small plastic bag and crumple it.  Add a little puddle of Frost White Shimmer Paint to your Craft Mat, dip the plastic bag into it and add tiny bits of paint randomly over the image layer of your card.  This is what creates the Mother of Pearl look to it.
I'm so sorry this part of the technique really does not show up in a photo, but it is gorgeous in real life.  I hope you'll give this technique a try.
When the paint dries, you can assemble your card.  This is definitely a 'wow' type of card.  I love it!

UP NEXT:

May 13 --- Scraps and Prayers / 5:30-7:30 / $18.
We'll be making 3 beautiful cards ... with watercoloring and trying fun, new techniques using the Stamparatus and we'll try THREE fun 'tricks' with embossing foldersIt won't be all Brusho for this class but it will be all fun! 
REGISTRATION CLOSED.

SAVE THE DATES

June 23 --- 2:00-5:00 / Get ready for fun!  
Summer Open House / New Catalog Party


June 28-29 --- 8:00-5:00 Friday / 8:00-Noon Saturday
MY ANNUAL GARAGE SALE
I'll have lots of stamping and paper crafting products for sale.
Come and find a good bargain!


RETIRING PRODUCTS
 CLICK HERE TO SEE THE LISTS:
     Occasions Catalog Retiring Products List
     
     Annual Catalog Retiring Products List
Lots of products are already sold out so shop now if there's something you still want to try to get.  Be sure to check out the Clearance Rack, too.  You'll find lot of great bargains.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...