Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Joy ... Framed

Reminders:
Today's the last day for our Online Extravaganza, so check out the bargains.

Be sure you've marked your calendars for Dec. 11, 2:00-5:00.
It's my Christmas Open House/Customer Appreciation Event and all my customers are invited.  There will be games, prizes, displays to inspire you, goodies, my Christmas Boutique (I have LOTS of gift items this year!!!) and a FREE Make and Take project for those who give me an RSVP.  Come and join in on the fun.

Now, for today's project:
I love making framed projects.  This one is quite 3-dimensional, so I attached it on TOP of the glass.  I didn't even have to open the frame.  I wanted it to be in a grid of squares, so I used my Simply Scored tool to help make the job easy.  I took my 12 X 12" piece of textured white CS to my Simply Scored and scored it every 3 inches.  I turned the CS and did the same process, which gave it score lines horizontally and vertically creating 16 boxes -- each being 3" square.
From there, it was a matter of adding lots of layers, texture and embellishments.  I stamped, embossed, die cut, punched and embellished to my heart's desire.  Here's the final result:

Here are some close-ups:




You'll notice that I used more of the glimmer paper, both red and silver.
Tip:
I found a great frame at my local craft store that is perfect for 12 X 12" projects.  It's a frame designed for record album collectors.  Wait for the store to have frames on sale and stock up for future projects.

1 more tip:
I used Liquid Tombow glue to attach a lot of the pieces in my project (also dimensionals).  It works great and has a strong hold.  You don't want your project to fall apart:)

Framed projects make great gifts, so try creating some for your friends and family.  They can use theirs to decorate their homes for the holidays for years to come.

While you're online, don't forget to check out the Online Extravaganza.  Today's the last day!!!
Now go get busy on those Christmas projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...