Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

More Gift Card Holder Ideas!

Before we get started, here's a reminder:  I have a few spaces and/or kits available for my Everything Christmas class and the Christmas Countdown class.  Contact me today if you're interested.

Today, I want to give you a couple of gift card holder ideas that are super simple, super fast to make, super cute and super fun.  How cool is that?
Here we go!
This first one is super simple.


Here's the inside, along with my faux gift card.


Remember the 8 1/2 X 11" piece of CS that we cut off a piece that was 5 1/2 X 11" for our Top Note gift card holder?  It left you with a piece of 3 X 11" CS.  I told you to save that piece for another project.  This is it!  I love it when you can make multiple projects that leave absolutely no waste at all!  It makes for easy clean-up, too:)

Score @ 3 3/4, 5 1/2, and 7 1/4" using our Simply Scored tool.  Fold in 1/2 and then fold the outer two pieces the opposite direction from the center fold.  It creates a 'w' fold.  If you think it looks familiar, you're right.  It's the same fold we did with our 5 1/2 X 11" CS that we cut into the Top Note gift card holder.

Use the Word Window punch (just like we did with the Top Note gift card holder) to create an opening to hold your gift card.  Center it and nip off the edge of the center of the fold first and then nip a little off each side until it's wide enough to hold your gift card.

Turn it over and attach Sticky Strip or Liquid Tombow glue (I used the Tombow), placing it ONLY where I've drawn the squiggly line.  This will hold the center of your gift card holder together.

See how nicely it holds your gift card.  Who wouldn't want that to pop up when they opened the card!

Now, you're ready to decorate the outside.  My DSP is from our Holly Berry Bouquet product suite.  The DSP  is 2 3/4 X 3 1/2."  I used a snowflake from our Winter Wishes felt pieces and topped it with a coordinating button.  I intentionally kept the 'decorating' of the outside of the gift card holder quick and simple to make because --- my intention here is to show you quick but cute holiday projects.  Remember, out goal this year is to actually FINISH our projects:)
Now, grab some CS and get started!!!  Enjoy!

But wait, you're thinking: "She said there was another one today, too."  Yes, there is!  It is beyond super simple.  Crank up your Big Shot and here we go!

This gift card holder is made with the Two Tags die and the Big Shot.

Start with a piece of 3" X 11" CS.  Score it in the middle (5 1/2") and fold it with a bone folder.

Place the fold on top of your die just UNDER where it would normally cut the bottom of the tag.  I've laid my cut tag on top of the die and you can see how it doesn't cover the entire shape because I wanted the bottom of the tag to be a fold.

Here's why this is such a super simple project.  After you fold the CS and cut the tag, decorate the front with a piece of 2 1/2 X 3 1/4" DSP, insert your gift card, and add a little ribbon to hold it closed.  Done!

I've used the Holly Berry Bouquet DSP on mine, along with another Winter Wishes felt piece --- quick, fun and simple.  The little slit is automatically cut when you run the die through the Big Shot.  This is what holds your gift card.

Here's an added bonus.  This tag/gift card holder + the first one I showed today could be placed into our open ended envelopes (made for 3 X 6" cards) in case you want your gift card to be more secure.

So here you have it --- two gift card holders that are super quick, simple and fun.  Ok, now you can go grab that CS.
Contact me if you need any supplies to make your projects.  Happy stamping!


PS
Be sure you check my blog tomorrow because I have exciting news that you won't want to miss.  Here's a hint:

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...