Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Beautiful Wings

Today, I'm back with trying another sketch challenge.  This one is for a new blog I discovered that looks like a lot of fun.  I missed the deadline to link it, but had fun trying the sketch anyway.  Here's my creation:
I used Marina Mist for my card base, added a torn layer of textured Soft Suede CS and topped that with a layer of Beau Chateau DSP, trimmed out with pleated satin ribbon.  The butterflies are from the Beautiful Wings embosslit.  I love that it cuts and embosses, all in one easy step.  I mounted them on punched pieces of Soft Suede, punched with the Modern Label punch.  The text, from the Heaven Blessed stamp set is also punch with the Modern Label punch.  My color story is based on the colors in the Beau Chateau DSP, an easy way to plan out your project.

Here's a little close-up.  I tied two pieces of ribbon into a knot and attached it to the corner of the card.
I hope this inspires you to try some spring projects.  Spring is in the air!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...