Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My Light Box Project

I am ever in search of getting better photos, so you can have the very best view of my projects.  After seeing several tutorials on how to make your own light box using a cardboard box, I decided that I wanted to create one, but not out of cardboard that would eventually warp and wobble.  So...... using some photos of a light box made from cardboard, I designed my own, planned dimensions, and took my notes to my carpenter.
Here's the finished project:
Here's how it went through each stage of the process:


I love, love, love the box and I cleared a place to keep in permanently set up in my storage room.  I decided to spray paint it, so the wood color wouldn't distort the color of the photograph at all.
Next step:
Purchase 2 clip-on lights, along with daylight bulbs.
I experimented with 40-wt and 75-wt bulbs.  So far, I think the 40-wt bulbs work the best.
I also purchased a 100-wt bulb for the ceiling light close to my new 'photo booth.'
I purchased white, muslin fabric.

Here it is all set up with the lights and fabric.
It looks like I'm getting ready for a shadowbox theater or something:)
As you can see in the top photo, I've since relocated where I have it set up in my storage room and I've added 2 more clip-on lights.  I'm using 'daylight' bulbs (still 40-wt) with the lights.
I'd appreciate it if you'd leave a comment and tell me what you think about some of my next photos.  I hope you'll like them even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...