Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2012

TIME FOR ANOTHER VINTAGE LAYOUT

This is the layout we made at our Hostess Scrapbook Club this week.  For the Vintage look, I used Beau Chateau DSP with a Marina Mist CS for the background.
I tore a strip of our coordinating Beau Chateau fabric and tied it into a knotted bow, around a looped strip of crochet lace trim.  I added a stick pin to the knot.  The 'Remember When' text is stamped from the Word Play stamp set.  The mats for the photos are cut from Soft Suede CS.  This color is perfect for working with Vintage photos!
Tip:
If you cut your photo mats to 4 X 5 1/2," you can get 4 photo mats from one (8 1/2 X 11") piece of CS.  Since you'd need to crop your photos a bit anyway, before using them in your layout, this works out quite well for layouts that have several photos.
The Marina Mist flower was created by punching 3 layers from the Blossom punch and then crumpling them.  I added a Very Vanilla center punched from the triple layer Blossom Bouquet punch and then placed a brad in the center.  The brad is actually from the S-A-B Everyday Enchantment brads -- the only one that would match this layout.  The butterfly in the center of the brad is in Soft Suede, so it's a perfect match. 
I hope this gets you in the mood to do some scrapbooking.  Hopefully, I'll add the photos soon that I want to use for my layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...