Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Fun of Three!

Today, I had sooooo much fun --- playing with mustaches!  I also came up with a new color combo that I really, really like:  Basic Black, Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, and Basic Gray ---
     --- perfect for this card.
The mustaches are from the cute little a la carte stamp:  Many Mustaches.  The text is from Creative Elements.  I stamped everything with VersaMark ink and embossed with black EP.  A little twist of dotted Cherry Cobbler ribbon adds a cute touch to the corner of the card.

I used a lot of punches:  Modern Label, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, and the Lace Ribbon Border Punch.
I popped up the mustaches and the punched pieces under the text with dimensionals, to create a lot of texture and interest.  My most favorite part of all (besides the adorable mustaches, of course) was adding some random diagonal lines across the black base of the card and across the white layer.  It gives a lot of sophistication to the card and was so much fun to do.  These were created with the new diagonal scoring plate that fits into our Simply Scored Scoring Tool.

These are the two sketches that inspired my work today:

VERTICAL SKETCH CHALLENGE:


HORIZONTAL SKETCH INSPIRATION:
Leave me a comment and tell me what you think.  I'd love to hear from you!
Now, go stamp something ... and do it THREE times:)





10 comments:

  1. Oh how cute! I love how you used the mustache stamp! The embossing and texture are perfect touches! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This set just cracks me up every time I see it used! Your choice of colors is perfect and I love the diagonal embossing too! I am so glad you played with my Paper Players sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to make create projects with the new diagonal scoring plate. Love it!

      Delete
  3. Great use of the set Lana, it is SO much fun!!! Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous use of the sketch and that 'stache stamp! Love 'em embossed in black and the pop of gray is fantastic......so glad you joined us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just knew I had to emboss them; such fun!

      Delete
  5. Lana, this just makes me smile! Such a great use of the sketch and that stamp set! You cut out those little 'staches perfectly. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I actually enjoy cutting. I never liked doing it until I got the SU snips and they make it fun and easy. It's kind of therapeutic!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...