Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Cookie Cutters!

I love cookie cutters.  I have since I was a little girl.  I have all my mom's cookie cutters.
When my grandsons are here, we make shaped sandwiches for them.  They've done if for several years now and love it.  We'll teach Olive Jane all about it when she's older.
I've been collecting cookie cutters, when we go antiquing, from various places and using them to decorate.  Here are some I've added to my displays.  By punching a hole in the top, as I did with my gingerbread men on my kitchen tree, these could easily be hung on a tree, also.








As you can see, I've used DSP behind some of my cookie cutters and glimmer paper behind others.

Here's what you'll need to make your own decorated cookie cutters:
1.  Crystal Effects (CE)
2.  Cookie cutters
3.  Designer Series Paper (DSP) and/or glimmer paper.
4.  Sanding block (#124304) and/or files from our 'Distressing Essentials' kit (#118762)

Here's how you make them:
1.   Lay your cookie cutter onto the DSP or glimmer paper you're going to use.
2.   Carefully draw around it, leaving about a 1/4" edge showing.
3.   Cut around the shape you drew.
4.   Pour a little CE onto a paper plate (waxy surface works best).
Tip:
If you plan to have a ribbon tied around the edge of a cookie cutter (such as the neck of a gingerbread man or the edge of a star), you need to tie the ribbon BEFORE you continue with the next steps.
5.   Dip the thicker edge of your cookie cutter into the CE.
6.   Lay your cookie cutter onto your DSP or glimmer paper.
7.   'Trace' around your cookie cutter (inside and outside edges) with the CE
      (This is to be sure all edges are covered.)
8.   Place something on top of your cookie cutter to weight it down.
      I usually use some stamp sets.
9.   Leave it overnight to dry.
10. Sand the edges smooth.  Enjoy!
Tip:
Sand from the back side down, so you don't pull the DSP loose.

December 15 and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...