Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

A 'wreath' card

I love it when a stamp set can serve multiple purposes.  Such is the case with the Delicate Doilies stamp set (p. 127 IBAC) and the Hello, Doily large stamp (same page).
Here's my take on a card I saw Dawn Olchefske make.

See how the doily becomes a wreath?  Love it!
I used Garden Green and Cherry Cobbler CS, along with Whisper White.

Use the larger scalloped square on the 2 squares die for the main focal piece.

Place your CS just partway into the embossing folder (Petals-a-Plenty/#116824).
Tip:
This is a top-fold card.  The card is opened up all the way and just the end of the top layer is inserted into the embossing folder.  You can't see it in the photo, but the back of my card is outside the embossing folder, hanging down.

It will leave a tiny line where the edge of the embossing folder was, but don't worry.  This will be covered up by your 1 1/4 X 4 1/4" strip of DSP.  I used Frostwood Lodge.

...and there you have it --- a quick and simple card to make for the holidays!  Happy stamping!

Side notes:
I had my party yesterday.  We had a good time.  We actually made this card as one of the projects.  Everyone did a good job.  Yes, I'm tired today but it's fun to entertain friends during the Christmas season.  They really liked the punch!  I decorated my punch bowl with Decor Elements.  I mostly use it at Christmas time, so I'll leave it decorated for now.
My party could have been a total disaster because, the night before the party, I had a terrible accident.  We went to the store and I was loading all the juices into the fridge in my studio, to be chilled for the party.  I dropped the large can of pineapple juice.  It landed so hard on my left foot (big toe area, of course) that it actually bounced up and came down onto my right foot --- right onto my bunion.  It hurt so much, I actually cried.  My big toe areas on both feet are pretty black now.  I will spare you any ugly photos:)  I was in a lot of pain at the party, but came through it.

Sunset Punch Recipe:
1 can frozen pink lemonade (add water as directed)
1 can frozen orange juice (add water as directed)
1 can pineapple juice
1 bottle cranberry juice
2 large bottles ginger ale
(ALL INGREDIENTS ARE CHILLED AHEAD OF TIME.)
Right before serving, add dollops of raspberry sherbet to float on top.

Speaking of embossing and party punch...
You can emboss your napkins, too!  This is quick and easy and a big hit at the party.


UPS --- Yay!!!
The doorbell just rang.  It was the fast 'jab and run' doorbell chime of the UPS man.  Yay!  This time, he was bringing my MDS projects I had printed.  They all turned out great!!!  If you haven't tried the My Digital Studio program yet, you really should.  You can go to the website (click on MDS image on the left side of my blog) and learn more about the program, as well as see some of the projects I've made using MDS.  It's so much fun and saves a ton of time.  Once you have projects printed, you can always add more embellishments to satisfy that need for extra goodies.

Happy stamping!

December 12 and counting...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...