Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

More Decorating Ideas for Christmas

I am spending this week 'tweaking' my Christmas decor, in preparation for a big progressive dinner party this weekend.  We have the best part, in my opinion -- the dessert and gift exchange.  If I go to all the work getting ready, I like my guests to hang around for a while:)
Here's what I've done so far:
I added gingerbread 'ornaments' to my kitchen Christmas tree.
This is a quick and easy way to add to your little tree in a hurry.  I punched holes in their heads (sorry, guys!) with my Crop-A-Dile and then tied on a piece of silver cord to hang them.  The CAD goes through the metal as easy as can be.  I then tied some Cherry Cobbler ribbon around their necks and they were good to go.

I had some boxes left from Christmas past --- some year --- and decided to decorate them and add them to the bookcases at the end of my studio.  I used the music paper from our Newsprint DSP and our silver glimmer paper.  Lots of ribbons add to the elegance.

I nestled them in beside my chunky frame 'Joy' project and there you have it --- a little more glimmer and shine.  Also, on the top box, I added a punched border trim around the bottom edge of the box.  The largest box has a layer of silver glimmer paper under the ribbon; it's difficult to see it.  I may go back and add a little decoration to the lid of the top box.  I didn't think I'd have room for it on the shelf, but I guess I do.  How about this?


Now, maybe I'm finished with this area.  But, wait... that would be too easy.  The light strand above the entertainment center cabinet just burned out.  Bill is out getting more lights.  It never is finished; is it?!



December 14 and counting...
Happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...