Pages

Monday, December 24, 2012

Season of Sweets, Part 2

This has to be one of my most favorite projects ever.  This is a mini album that we made at our Scraps and Prayers class this month, using the Season of Sweets Designer Kit.  This was inspired by Patty Bennett and then I did my own take on it.




Notes:
  • Use 3 Season of Sweets envelopes.
  • You already have a score line at 4 1/4" so now add a second score line at 5" (on the envelope flap).

  • Create 1 page with Cherry Cobbler CS -- 4 1/4 X 6 1/2".
  • Create 1 page with Gumball Green CS -- 4 1/4 X 6 1/2".
  • Score both CS pages at 4 1/4 and 5".
  • Trim off 1 end on each, following the curved shape of the flap (as shown in photo below) as your pattern.

  • Line up all your envelopes and CS pages.
  • Arrange:  an envelope, a piece of CS, an envelope, a piece of CS, and an envelope.
  • You have more envelopes in your kit, so you can actually make a larger album (with more pages) if you would like to do so.
  • Punch 2 holes (using the C-A-D) in between the 2 outside score lines on all pieces.
  • Thread Sweater Trim yarn through the holes and tie, as desired.
  • Add a felt ornament before you tie the final knot.
  • I added a knot at the end of each yarn tie.
  • Create a card (4 x 4") for the inside of the first page, to show through the window.  This could be a stamped image (as above) or it could be a favorite photo.
  • Use the self-adhesive die-cut pieces to embellish, as desired.
  • Add photos or other cards with stamped images to show through each window.
  • Enjoy as a gift for a favorite someone or use as a brag book!
Let me know how you like this project and let me know if you try your own version.  In January, I'll be showing you some Valentine's Day and brag book mini albums using this kit.  Be sure to order your kits before Jan. 2 if you would like to follow more of my ideas.  Come back soon because I'll be sharing projects from the Spring Catalog  (goes live Jan.3) and you won't want to miss any of my new projects!


Before I go, I'd like to wish my sweet husband a Happy Birthday.  He was a Christmas Eve baby.  Love you, Sweetheart!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...