Here's a tutorial I made for you showing how to make an easy 3-D card. This design lends itself well to the snowman from the Snow Much Fun stamp set. It would work well for other types of images, too. Here's the card:
As you can see, both the front and the back pieces are the same size and even scored the same. You just fold them opposite directions, so you get the space in the middle of the card.
- Cut 2 pieces of CS, each 4 1/4 X 5 1/2." I used cherry cobbler.
- Score both pieces at 1/2, 1, 4 1/2, and 5."
- Fold, as shown.
- Punch 2 1/2" circle opening in center of top layer of card. This will be your window.
- Cut 1 piece of CS (3 1/4 X 4") for inside of card. I used white. This will have your stamped image on it.
- Stamp image on white CS, taking care to be sure it will show as you'd like inside the punched circle window.
- Color image as desired. I then spritzed mine with shimmer paint/alcohol mixture.
- Stamp smaller images, as desired, on outside (front) of card. (optional)
- Attach white CS to what will be the back layer of the card.
- Using sticky strip, attach 2 card layers (cherry cobbler) together.
- Add snowflakes or other embellishments to front of card.
- Add 3/4 X 5 1/2" DSP strip to lower front, along with stamped sentiment.
- Add message to back of card.