Pages

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Let's Get to Know the New Guys ... A Series on Our New Colors ... Beginning with Smoky Slate

Today, I'm starting my series on getting to know some of the new colors.  We'll work with Smoky Slate and the brand new In Colors:  Coastal Cabana, Pistachio Pudding, Baked Brown Sugar, Strawberry Slush and Crisp Cantaloupe.  I really like how pretty they look together.  Here are all the In Colors:
These are swatches of our Card Stock (CS), our coordinating ribbons and buttons.  There are different designs in EACH of the 5 colors of buttons.  They are totally flat on the back, so it is easy to just attach them with Liquid Tombow.  The flower is punched and embossed and is sporting one of our clear, faceted buttons.  The ribbons are sewn together with a new button from our Neutrals.

Here are all the colors with labels, so you won't forget which is which.  So, what color should we start out with first?  Don't worry, they will all get a turn:)

Let's start with our gorgeous new Smoky Slate and pair it with one of our new In Colors --- Coastal Cabana!

 
I've added a touch of Basic Gray to mat the Smoky Slate.  You'll see a lot of new products on this card --- new button, new ribbon, new embossing folder.  Isn't the new Beautifully Baroque embossing folder gorgeous?  It looks pretty on the other side, too.  Both focal pieces, cut from framelits or punched, are mounted on dimensionals and a portion of a lace doily is tucked under the edge.  There's a lot of texture going on here!

Here are a couple more ideas for using Smoky Slate. 
On the left:  
     Smoky Slate, Pear Pizzazz and Rose Red
On the right:  
     Smoky Slate, Garden Green and Crushed Curry
Which color story do you like the best?

I came up with these color stories totally on my own, just using what looked good to my eye.  In my next posts, I will continue this series on the new colors but I will be using colors suggested in our new Color Coach.  It's fun to see what they suggest.  I love playing with color and don't ever have trouble coming up with fun color stories, but it's always exciting to try a combination that you may not have thought about putting together, by using the Color Coach.  Come back and see what I have in store for you!

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

2 comments:

  1. Lana, I love the first card with the coastal cabana best, by far! Love the color combo and the gorgeous embellishments. A real winner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's my favorite, too. Thanks so much for stopping by and for leaving a comment!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...