Pages

Monday, April 13, 2015

Crushed Curry and Black... a Winning Combo

I love the look of Crushed Curry with Black.  It's just crisp and stunning.  Here's what I did with the combo for this card.
First, I stamped butterflies randomly over the top layer for the card, using VersaMark Ink.  Then, I heat embossed them with black EP.  I heat embossed a few butterflies onto the envelope, as well.
Once the embossed butterflies cooled, I sponged Crushed Curry onto Whisper White CS for the top layer of the card.  I added the same touch to the corner of the envelope.
Then, for an added touch of fun, I spritzed the entire top layer with my Shimmer Mist mixture.  It's always difficult to see it in a photo, but it's beautiful in real life.
I added vellum over a DSP layer for the envelope liner.  I pulled the card together with some taffeta ribbon and then stamped, embossed and cut out 1 more butterfly to attach over the ribbon.
Come on back for my next post and I'll share another Crushed Curry/Basic Black color story.

- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world.
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...