Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

A Pocket Card with A Special Gold Secret

I haven't made a pocket card for a while and this one was really fun.  I had just gotten a new paper stack of Neutrals and so that started me on my color story.  I'll show you the card and then explain the gold on it.   
Did you figure out how I got the gold on it?  It's heated gold embossing powder!  How did I do it?  You won't believe how easy it is to do this!  I laid down a strip of Sticky Strip, sprinkled on the gold EP and then heat embossed it.  Yes, it was that easy! 
Actually, the Sticky Strip just retired (I had some left over.) but I think it would work just as well with our new Tear and Tape Adhesive.  You're just basically holding the EP in place while you heat it.  The tape strip gives it an automatic straight and even line, with perfect edges.
Our new Metallic Gold Thread just pulls it all together and the pearls add a subtle, elegant touch.  After you read my post, go get out some tape and try this.  You'll love it.  
By the way, the pocket is just attached with Liquid Tombow on the sides and bottom.  It's super simple.  I hope you like it.  
This card was inspired by Pootles (Sam Donald) --- http://pootles.co.uk and, if you check out her blog, you'll fall in love with her beautiful work and soft, melodious voice.  Her forte seems to be in making all shapes and sizes of wonderful boxes, but she makes some pretty nice cards, too... a very talented lady.
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or look on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...