Pages

Monday, September 21, 2015

A Wonderful Party Hat for My Fall Decor

Before I get started on my new mini series of tutorials on OSW cards, I just have to show you what I just finished making.  I'm not always big on kits because they sometimes stifle my creativity, but this project was made with a kit I just love!
Isn't it great?  I feel like it's cute and pretty all at the same time.  I don't always decorate a lot for Halloween, but this kit just grabbed my attention and wouldn't let go.
These are the same berry baskets I shared with you in a previous post (click here).  I just changed out the contents to Fall leaves, using our beautiful new Vintage Leaves stamps and coordinating Leaflets Framelits.  My leaves are embossed in gold EP.  I'm trying to NOT use candy in my displays.  It's too tempting and I don't want to lure the puppies into showing any interest at all in my displays. 
The Witching Decor Project Kit also comes with more supplies to make a big Halloween label decoration on the front of the hat.  I haven't decided yet if I'll add it to my hat or use it for something else.  I really like my hat the way it is right now.  In addition to all the leaves in the kit, I added a few leaves cut from our new Black Glimmer Paper.  I love it!
Click here to see a video about making this wonderful hat.
I'll probably continue to tweak my display, but this is what I have right now.  I love decorating for Fall!  Right now, I'm working on the Season to Season Wreath Project Kit.  It's fun!  So far, I haven't even burned myself with my glue gun.  Even if I do at this point, it's still a record for me.  By the way, this witch hat is surprisingly quick and easy to make so, if you're interested in a beautiful Halloween decoration, this is the one for you!
Be sure to come back as I start my new mini series tutorials.  Now, I'm off to finish my beautiful wreath.   

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or look on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...