Pages

Friday, September 18, 2015

Too Early to Think of A White Christmas?

It may be too early to think about a white Christmas, but it's always the right time for a pretty card.  This is one I designed to send for a winter birthday.  
The prettiest part of the card is that the top layer is completely covered with a beautiful sparkle.  It just does not show up in a photo.  After stamping and dry embossing the top layer of the card (and coloring in the 2 little cardinals), I covered the entire layer with VersaMark ink and then heat embossed it with Iridescent Ice EP.  In real life, it is gorgeous.
I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I had this stamp set last year and never got around to using it.  Geez!!!  I am super happy that it carried over into the new catalog and promised myself I would use it.  This is one of the cards I made for our church birthdays (for December) and worked at keeping it flat for easy mailing.  I think it will make the birthday people happy to get it in the mail when the time comes.
In my next post, I have a gorgeous Fall card for you and then I'll be starting a little mini series on OSW cards that I know you won't want to miss.  So... be sure to come back:)

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or look on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...