Pages

Saturday, September 5, 2015

New Version of the Acrylic Block Technique and Sneak Peek at My OSW Cards

I have lots of stamping goodness for you today that I hope will inspire you to create something beautiful this weekend.  First up, I have a NEW version of the Acrylic Block Technique and then I have a sneak peek at my OSW cards, along with a bit on what it's all about.
My card today features a beautiful color story for Fall --- Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze and a bit of Soft Suede.  I won't even start in on how much I love making Fall cards or how much I love, love, love our new Vintage Leaves stamps AND coordinating framelits.  Over the moon, truly!!!
So how did I do this acrylic block technique?  It is super simple! 
Ink up the entire acrylic block by tapping it on the ink pad color you want to use.  Hold the block about an arm's length away and lightly spritz it one or two times.  Then... stamp, hold it onto the CS for just a little while and you get a beautiful background image.  It is more intense than when you use this technique with markers, because your ink is applied with a much greater intensity.  By spritzing the block, you give it more interest in how it comes out on your CS.  I did not use watercolor paper for this technique and it worked just fine.  You could use it if you wanted to play with how it changes the image a bit.  It would still be very pretty.
The little speckles are from an Awesomely Artistic stamp.  I seem to be using that stamp set about as often as my beloved Gorgeous Grunge lately.  I make all the cards for my church to send out each month and this one will be for September.  I've actually just finished October and have a few more bows to tie onto the November cards and then I'll go ahead and make the cards for December and finish up for 2015.  I've heard so many touching comments from people in our church about how much the love and appreciate the cards and that just touches my heart.  I find myself putting more and more into them each month because I know how much joy they will bring.  I want them to be my very best.
And now... let's move on to more about my OSW cards and the class where we'll be making them.  The class is my September Saturday Stampers class for September 19.  It will be from 1:00-4:00 and the fee is $20.  It involves more materials and a lot more prep time on my part and I know you'll find it worth it and then some. 
You'll be going home with all 5 of these cards, along with 2 OSW sheets AND lots of helpful templates.  So what is OSW?  It stands for One Sheet Wonder.  It's really all about how can I get the most bang for the buck from 1 sheet of CS (card stock) or DSP (Designer Series Papers).  I'll show you several versions and give you lots of ideas.  Most of the ideas and templates will be for 12 X 12" CS or DSP, but I'll also show you several ways to use an 8 1/2 X 11" piece of CS.
Sound like fun?  As they say in the beautiful state of Minnesota: "You bet!"  Below are the 2 sheets we'll be making at the class.  I have already made and cut the pieces you'll use for your cards during the class, so you'll go home with these 2 pieces uncut and ready for your own set of beautiful cards.  I really am looking forward to this class.  Sign up early to save your spot.  If you don't live in the area, follow along on your own, using my ideas to inspire you.  Be sure to leave me a comment on what you tried.  I love hearing from you.
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or look on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...