Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Acrylic Block Technique Cards, Part 10 ... The Last Card in The Series ... With a New Technique

I saved my very most favorite of this series of technique cards for last.  I absolutely love this one.  I tried a new little technique of my own on this one... and it worked!  
The new little technique that I made up was in playing with the acrylic block stamped background.  I inked up just the edges of an acrylic block with VersaMark ink and then tried my best to line it up with the previously stamped (and dried) background image... stamped and then embossed it with gold EP.  While I had the heat tool going, I sprinkled on teeny tiny bits of gold EP here and there over the white CS piece and just let it land where it wanted to go.  If you heat it immediately, it will actually stick to the CS as it melts.  I was going for an old world look with lots of patina.
I wanted the new technique to really be the highlight of the card so, instead of a stamped image, I chose to float a double butterfly over the acrylic block background.  If you decide to try this, just be patient with lining up the block images and enjoy it.  You'll get a slightly different result each and every time.
In my next post, I'll be giving a sneak peek at the cards for my upcoming OSW Cards class and explaining a bit about OSW (One Sheet Wonder) cards.  Be sure to come back and check it out.

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or look on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...