Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

A Trio of Berry Baskets, A Video, A Promise, A Tip ...and An Update on My Creative Binge

I must confess that, when the Spring Occasions Catalog came out, I was super excited to get the Berry Basket Bigz Die.  And then... it sat and waited for me to get around to playing with it.  Well, last week, I finally had time to do just that.  I love it!!!  Thanks goodness it didn't retire before I could create with it.  So, today, I have a trio of berry baskets to share with you.
Aren't they cute?  I used some of our new Cotton Papers (Watermelon Wonder) for the 'filler' in my baskets.  I have an old shredder that only cuts one way.  I got it and reserved it for just this purpose... tearing up perfectly good papers... to make filler:)
I made bunches of butterflies... gold foil and Delightful Dijon... and used them to decorate (and for a non-fattening treat in the baskets:)  Do you see some new ribbon on the two end baskets?  It is like our retired In Colors ribbon... soft, smooth, shiny and luscious... not to mention how easy it is to work with it.
If you plan to make some berry baskets of your own, be sure to watch this video.  It will make your work absolutely easy as pie! 
Click here for the video.

My promise:
When a new product arrives in the little brown truck, I will not put it away until I've played with it a bit and put it to good creative use.  I've already made sure that all my new stamps got put together and totally ready to use as soon as I unpacked them.

Tip:
How do I store my stamps?  I organize them according to the categories in the table of contents in each new catalog when it comes out each year.  I number the categories and then write that number on the back of the stamp case.  If it does not retire but moves to a new category when a new catalog comes out, I simply remove the number (alcohol wipe) and label it with its new number.  It makes it super easy to put them all away and to find them when I need them.  Each box has a labeled tag on it with the category title and the number.
When the box is full, no more stamps for that category.  I've always made it fit.  I do have 2 boxes for Artistic Expression.  It's easy to tell what style of stamps I love the most.  The tiny Christmas stash will grow soon... no problem:)

Are you ready for my creative binge update?
- 12 albums completed and printed from MDS, right before it retired
-  4 framed projects
- 70 brand new cards... yes, 70!

Now, I must sign off and go make something beautiful today.

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...