Pages

Friday, June 5, 2015

Striped Scallop Card

I have a card for you today that I made with our recently retired Strawberry Slush.  I think it would look pretty in some of the new In Colors, too.  I had an extra butterfly left over from a previous class project, so I decided to put it to good use.
It's a pretty simple card to make, actually.  It has a Strawberry Slush card base and then the scallop layer on the front is attached over a white layer of CS with an embossed strip and finished off with a piece of ribbon.  It's more complicated to write it out than to do it:)
One thing that makes this card so easy is that the embossed strip is the only thing holding on the striped scallop layer.  It's really all it needs to stay in place.  (The butterfly helps keep the front from coming up, too.)  I added a double layer of butterflies... sahara sand and then my specially embossed butterfly over it.
Click here to review how I created the embossed the butterfly.
I only attach the middle of the butterfly bodies, so their wings are free and add some beautiful dimension to the card.  I just got my order for our newest butterfly set last night (Thank you UPS man!) so I will have some fun playing with that today.  The 2 sets coordinate!!!
Until next time, thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world.  Have a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...