Pages

Monday, June 22, 2015

Watercolor Wings with New In Colors... 2 Ways

Sometimes, it's fun to try to 'CASE' a card you see that you like.  This one was inspired by someone's photo of a display board from Stampin' Up's Australian Convention.  I don't want to ever copy exactly and don't think I could.  Once my creative juices get flowing, things start to change pretty fast.  I'll share my cards and then explain a bit about them. 
The photo I saw had In Colors DSP for the banner strip.  I didn't have mine (yet) so I decided to go with silver foil paper on 1 of each color and our new Corrugated Paper on 1 of each color.  I love this new paper.  It comes in white and Kraft.
Here are the 2 variations.  I wasn't sure if, on the card in the photo, they used vellum for the tiny butterfly, but decided that's what I'd like on mine.  After stamping and cutting out the large butterflies, I spritzed them with some of my shimmer concoction.  They have a nice shimmer coming through behind the vellum.  You have to see it in real life.
I also added a tiny bit of stamping on the card base, using 2 of the little stamps that came with the Watercolor Wings stamp set.
I love our new little Blossom Accents.  I used the Bitty Banners framelits for the 'Just for You' strip and then cut one end off straight, then attached it under the blossom.
I added a strip of our new Dotted Lace trim over each of the banners, to show off how pretty it is.  These cards were quite time consuming, but I love the results.  I used a lot of product, so I hope I didn't forget anything.
I must confess that, with all my intense work time I've had in my studio lately, that I'm having trouble choosing a favorite stamp set and a favorite new In Color.   The party is this Sunday, so I have to decide this week.  I thought I knew right away but, after working with so many lately, I just love them all.  Ok, I'll think hard and choose... by Sunday afternoon.  Yikes!

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...