Pages

Monday, June 8, 2015

A Cute Little Bird in A Frame

Our weather is a bit gloomy here today, so let's brighten things up with a bright and cherry card.  I used punches AND dies for this one.  
I added a few punched flowers, along with a couple of sprigs for our bird to begin its nesting.  That's kind of a sore subject for me right now, actually.  We have a dove who chose to build her next on top our outdoor light... right beside our front door!  We knocked down the messy twigs day after day and then stopped when we realized she'd stayed up and worked on it all night (evidently) and by morning had 2 eggs nestled in it.  We're trying to give her a chance to raise her babies, but she's not the most welcome addition around here.
I decided to try something different inside my card this time.  I kind of like the contrast against the darker blue.  I love this Flower Pot DSP.  It's retired now, but you can always find a good substitute for stamps, dies, punches, and/or papers when you like a design and want to create your own version of it.  Always check the Clearance Rack, too, because you can find good stuff there all the time.
If you look very closely, you can (maybe) see that I traced the 'hi' letters with Crystal Effects to make them stand out more.  It's pretty difficult to get that to show up well in a photo.
I really like my little bird card and am glad to enjoy a bright and cheerful bit of color on this gloomy morning, until the sun is back. 

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...