Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Bohemian Blues

I have the blues today and it's a very good thing.  I'm talking Bohemian blues... as in a gorgeous card with a stamp so gorgeous that words fail me to describe it.  It's a gorgeous hydrangea... one of nature's most beautiful flowers.
See what I mean... gorgeous.  This card is one of the most favorites I've ever made... at least for now:)  I must warn you that making this card is not for the faint of heart because it involves layers and layers of cut pieces... a lot of fussy cutting.  I find fussy cutting very relaxing, second only to watercoloring (which I could do all day long).  The flower and the text are embossed in black EP.
I stamped the flower on the inside and on the envelope, as well.  The DSP has Bermuda Bay and Island Indigo in it and I love it.  I used a variety of blues and even a dash of purple to color the flower.  I just made puddles in the lids of my ink pads and painted with it using an Aqua Painter.  I added a light wash of blue watercoloring around the outer edges of the image.  I worked with Shimmery White CS, as it can take the watercolor.  The highlights on the ends of the stamens were done with my white gel pen.
I'm off to continue my marathon of creativeness.  My studio is my happy place and all 3 furry babies are here enjoying it with me.  Last night, I finished 2 more framed projects.  My morning started off with a creative breakdown yesterday, as I got stuck on a design and just kept trying it again and again to get it the way I wanted.  When I finally stopped and put all the pieces (a lot!) into a cello bag and walked away from it, my brain immediately turned on to other creative ideas and I was able to get back to creative fun.  Moral of the story:  If your project is not going well, just walk away!  You can always try it another day.  The next time I get 'stuck' on a design, I will reread this post, walk away and go on to something else.  There's always another project:)  

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...