Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Bohemian Remarkable You

Today's card uses my same design as the card in my previous post, with new stamps.  It changes the look a bit and I absolutely love this one, too.  I had more background space on my layered circles on this card, so I got to add a bit more watercoloring this time.  It makes for a pretty background that is quick and easy to do.  
My coloring on the flower and leaves was done with inks and an Aqua Painter.  The card inside and the envelope are stamped to coordinate with the card.  The colors are Bermuda Bay and Island Indigo.  I never really used these colors together too much until I got this new paper and, I must say, they are gorgeous together.  I am passionate about playing with colors.  When beginning a new card or project, I always start with color first and go from there to creating my design.  That's what really works for me.
Isn't this a gorgeous stamp set?  This flower image reminds me of beautiful times spent at a lakeside cabin in Minnesota.  The water lily is their state flower.  Our first vacation as a married couple was to a resort on Clamshell Lake (on the White Fish chain).  My husband knew the resort owners and we became like family.  Going back for a week each year was like a family reunion.  We became close friends with several other couples and we all planned to go the same week each year.  It was a wonderful family resort with lots to do for every age.  My husband would play his guitar and we'd sing around a campfire on the beach at night.  Those were the days.  Our first year there, my son was just 4 months old and our daughter was 3 years old.  They loved it as much as we did, but the car ride to get there... not so much:)
I'm off to work in my studio some more this morning.  I'm working on vintage cards for my July Saturday Stampers class.  This afternoon, a good friend is joining me for more stamping and then we'll join our spouses for dinner tonight.  Talk about a fun day!  Yes!
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...