Pages

Monday, June 29, 2015

Butterflies in Blues

How about some beautiful blues ... with butterflies ... for today's post?  I have 3 shades of blue in my color story ... Pool Party ... Bermuda Bay ... and Island Indigo.  The narrow strip is a leftover piece from some previous watercolor projects, to give some texture, along with shades of blue-green.  I also added 2 of our new metal rimmed pearls.  I love these.  They come in 3 sizes and are adhesive backed, for easy use on your projects. 
I used one of our brand new embossing folders, Fluttering, for the top layer of my card.  This is a beautiful embossing folder that is a new 6 X 6" size!  I know I'll be using this one a lot.  Because of the embossed layer, I decided that I'd use some scraps of an old silver stretch cord (retired SU) for the antennae on my butterfly, instead of stamping them.  You could easily stamp them instead.  I just wanted a bit more texture.
I'm pretty happy with my card and think the blues make me happy rather than feeling blue, on this one.
So that's my card for today.  Now, it's off to putting my studio back into order (after my party yesterday) and getting on to some new projects.  I have a new frame just begging for some Calla Lilies.  

I think I met my goal yesterday ... big time ... of wanting to have the best party yet.  It pays off to work 6 weeks straight, all day long (and portions of the nights) to pull this off.  The best part ever was seeing 2 returning customers that I hadn't seen for a long, long time.  They are super nice ladies and I'd really missed them.  Sometimes, life gets in the way for us and I'm so glad that they're at a place to be able to come back and get into some stamping again.  We all had a super time.
 
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...