Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Sparkles and Color!

In my last post, I mentioned that I would be working all day in my studio for the rest of the week.  Yesterday was very productive.  I completed 28 cards and a framed project!  I'm thrilled!   I'll be sharing it all in my future posts.  I'm very excited to share this card with you today.  In real life, it's just gorgeous, with a wonderful sparkle shimmer.
I created a very coordinated look with the envelope, including a bit of doily on the flap.  It is sandwiched between the CS layer and the actual flap, so there are no raw edges showing.
Look very closely and you can maybe see the beautiful shimmer on the flower.  I spritzed it with a Champagne Shimmer Paint/Alcohol mixture.  After it dried (only takes seconds:) I used my white gel pen to highlight the little delicate stamen ends.
Tip:
I attached the flower to my card with dimensionals.
I masked off the card areas behind the flower and then spritzed.
It's actually easier this way, so you're not handling it after you've spritzed it.
I didn't want any of it to rub off by handling it too much.
I've used all 5 of our new In Colors, so it makes for a very bright and cherry card.  I will save this for a very special thanks when needed.
Banner tip:
I stamped the text onto a scrap of Whisper White.
After it dried, I trimmed it down on my trimmer.
I used the Hexagon Punch to flag the end.
So that's my beautiful card for today.  I have lots more to share, so I'll be seeing you soon!
 
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...