Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Playing with DSP, Part 6... the Final Part in This Series

Today, we arrive at Part 6, the final part in my little series on Playing with DSP.  Today's post features our Core'dinations CS.  Why am I including this in a class and a series on Playing with DSP?  It's because, once you emboss and sand it to reveal the design, it kind of becomes your own Designer Paper.  This is a wonderful product that can be used for cards and/or scrapbooking and I've shown it to you in previous posts in these types of projects, so I wanted to show you how it can be used for other projects, as well.

I will have to let out a secret, too:  No matter how hard you try to not 'accumulate' too big a stash, something always pops up that you forgot you ever had.  In this case, it was a great surprise --- Retired Stampin' Up! checkbook covers --- brand new / still in the wrappers!  Now, why would I want to use Core'dinations CS to make checkbook covers?  The answer is --- because you can emboss it and then sand it to bring out the design.  Your embossed design directs the amount of sanding you may choose to do on it.  I'll share 3 examples today.   

1.  Sand just a tiny bit:
2.  Sand a little bit more:
3.  Sand a lot:
I may or may not go back and add stamped images and/or a touch of ribbon.  For now, I just wanted to enjoy the beautiful designs. 
  
We'll be making cards and projects featured in this series, at my April 7 Monday Night Stampers class.

Click here to learn more about our Core'dinations CS and see further examples on using it.

...and here are more examples, along with more info on our Core'dinations CS. (Click here to see.)

So, with this series ending, what will I be up to next?  
I have new goodies to share with you on organizing your craft spaces ...and I have Spring/Easter decor to share... and, further down the road, I'll be sharing tons of ways to use ribbons in your projects.  Be sure to come back soon and come back often, so you don't miss a thing!


Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blog world.
Have a great day and come back soon for more design inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...