Pages

Monday, May 19, 2014

My Curly Wreath and a Framed Project

After all those pages from my Ribbon Techniques Album, today I want to share with you a project uses tons of ribbon in a super fun and super easy way to create a beautiful home decor project.  This is one of my latest wreaths.  This was by far one of my top favorite projects I've ever made.  It was just soooooo much fun... except for several very bad burns from my glue gun.  It gets really hot!  I used some of the flowers from our Burlap and Blooms Simply Created Wreath Kit, along with a lot of our burlap ribbon.  I love how it turned out!
I also used a few punched flowers and die cut flowers.  The wreath base is from the kit.  I wrapped it first with burlap, to give a beautiful, finished look to it.
For the loops, I cut short pieces of burlap, stapled them together, and then hot glued them to the wreath base, being careful to keep the staple hidden in the back.  As you can see, I used a random pattern for them.  I wonder how a Fall wreath with this loopy technique would look.  Hmmmmmm...
... and, remember my cute little card from Laura?  I found my square frame (finally) and framed it.  Won't this be fun to use to decorate again next Easter?  I love it.  Thanks again, Laura!
It makes me happy to keep projects like this close by.  I think of my special friend whenever I look at it.
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...