Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Styles of Scrapbooking, the Early Days

Are you ready to go on a journey with me... through the adventures of different styles of scrapbooking?  I missed a day or two of posting because I've been on 'limited activity' to get my knee calmed back down and it makes it difficult to keep up with all I want to do.  I'm ready now, so let's get started now with my series on Styles of Scrapbooking.

Scrapbooking has come a long, long way over the years.  Here are some album covers from around the 40's or 50's.  The first one is childlike and simple, the other 2 album covers have beautiful artwork.

Aren't these amazing?  Early scrapbooking often involved saving favorite poems, news articles, letters and sometimes a few cards and/or photos.
From there, scrapbookers went to the albums with all black pages and inserted photos using photo corners.  They would write (if they were serious about preserving their memories) the names of those in the photos.
I inherited several black-paged albums from my mother.  She had carefully labeled all the photos, but the photo corners were coming loose.  I had to carefully remove each photo and write the info on the back of it so I could preserve the family history.  You'll see more about my heritage albums when I get to that part of my series on Styles of Scrapbooking
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...