Pages

Friday, December 12, 2014

Vintage Tags for Christmas

Before I begin my series on types of scrapbooking, I'd like to share more about my vintage tags.  This project, in a way, is a form of scrapbooking too.  How you showcase your projects is limited only by your imagination.  I've shared these previously and have had many requests to learn more about them, so here we go.  I've used my tags to decorate a large wreath and a little tabletop tree for Christmas.
Both projects showcase a random combination of old and new photos.  The newer ones were copied in sepia tones, so they all work together to create a vintage Christmas decor.
I've made the tags in various sizes, to accommodate the photos.  The embellishments are bits of ribbons, seam binding, lace, buttons and brads, with bits of vintage DSP here and there.  The tags are cut from Crumb Cake CS.  I've sponged the edges of the tags with Soft Suede ink.

Here are more close-ups:
I love celebrating Christmas being surrounded by wonderful memories of family and loved ones.  I cherish each and every photo.  Many of the subjects are no longer with us and some go back several generations, but they all are a part of our rich and wonderful family heritage. 
I decided not to worry about separating sides of our family as to my side or my husband's side.  Once you marry, they all become a part or your heritage and they all help influence and shape your life.
I hope today's post will inspire you to try a project like this yourself.  It is an act of love.  Start now and you can have your tags ready for next Christmas or enjoy them all year long.  
This year, I actually did not put any on a tabletop tree.  I used the tree in another room.  I still wanted to enjoy ALL my tags, so I added as many as I could to my wreath and then got out a beautiful, antique cut-glass bowl my MIL gave me and placed the rest of the tags in it.  I think I want to find a place to keep my tags out all year long.  I love it!

Thanks for stopping by and have a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...