Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Beautiful Island Indigo

I just had to try yet another card today --- with my beautiful Island Indigo.  This time, I've used the Movers and Shapers die, so I could have a window for my card.  I needed a window, so I could hang my birdhouse.  I've combined Pear Pizzazz, Lucky Limeade and Pool Party with my Island Indigo card and I think it speaks of glorious Spring.
I've tried to photograph the card from several angles, so you could get a better idea of all the details.  I stamped the doily using the Hello, Doily stamp.  I actually stamped it again, at the edge, to give the effect of layers of a doily falling gently over the edge of the card.
I used Baker's Twine to hang my birdhouse.  I decided to add a little bling to it, using a rhinestone over the 'door' of the birdhouse.  The scalloped strip peeking out under the pleated ribbon was cut using the Tasteful Trim die.  I trimmed the front of the card a quarter inch shorter, so the Pool Party strip (attached to the inside) could still be seen when the card is closed.
I stamped the branch and birdhouse image several times, so I could cut out pieces and layer them, using glue dots.  The image is from the Up in the Air stamp set.
I stamped the image again on the inside of the card, along with the sentiment which is from the Friendly Phrases stamp set.
I used Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo and Pool Party markers to color in the image.  It is stamped and embossed, to make the coloring easier.
I'm entering this card into a 411 sketch challenge.  Here's hoping they like it:)
If you've never tried the Movers and Shapers die, you should check it out.  With the variety of shapes that you can use to cut a window, along with them being on movable magnets, the possibilities are endless ..... and so..... the fun is endless:)

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Love the combination of both sets. Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamping 411.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It looks even better IRL. I'm working on trying to get better photos of my work. I just got a light box all set up and think it will help a lot.

      Delete
  2. Love the birdhouse!! What a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my Gosh! what a great window card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cutout and the doily. Great use of this week's Sketch. Thanks so much for playing along this week with the Stamping 411 Operators! Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gretchen. This was a fun sketch challenge.

      Delete
  5. Thank you all for your kind words. It encourages me to keep on creating and following the fun challenges out there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Tiffany. I can't help but notice how similar our tastes are on Pinterest. It's a fun break time activity:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...