Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Clean and Simple

Today, I'm playing with more greens --- Pear Pizzazz and Lucky Limeade, along with some S-A-B Everyday Enchantment DSP and coordinating ribbon.  Remember how I 'painted' the silver Glimmer Paper to get the color I wanted?  I again used Lucky Limeade reinker to create coordinating hearts.

I was following a design sketch for this card that had 3 images in a row, across the front but my design emerged as a little more of a cluster.  I think it's still clean and simple and, because I had leftover glimmer paper that was already 'painted,' this card literally took me about 10 minutes to create.  Sometimes, a design just comes right together.  Other times, it may take hours, but that is the joy of creating.  No matter how much time is involved, it is always time well spent.
This card, when folded, is a  3 X 6" card.  I stamped the sentiment with the 'thanks' from the Thank You Kindly stamp set.
Here's a close-up of the hearts, cut with the heart framelits die.  (I used the next to the smallest sized heart.)  They really do sparkle!

Here's another card, just to show how you could have the pieces straight across.  I popped the center heart up on dimensionals.  The subtle background stamp is done with a stamp from the Creative Elements stamp set.

So straight design or clustered, go stamp up something fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...