Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Just for You!

Today, I wanted to make a card for a dear friend of mine.
I decided to use the colors for this color challenge.  I also wanted to use a stamp set that I haven't played with for far too long.  I chose one of our Hostess Sets --- Precious Butterflies.
The color challenge was to use these colors together:
  • Chocolate Chip
  • Lucky Limeade
  • Melon Mambo 
This is a great combo and lends itself well to a card for a friend.
I used the #2 Scallop Circles Die for the Big Shot, another circle die, a 1 1/4" circle punch, the wide oval punch and the Decorative Label punch.
In the close-up, you can see that I've spritzed it with my Frost White Shimmer Paint/alcohol mixture -- to give it a nice shimmer.

I hope this card will brighten my friend's day when she receives it and inspire you to create a card for a friend, too.

6 comments:

  1. I can see the shimmer...how pretty! I love the sentiment layered on the decorative label and the sweet ribbon detail in the corner. Thank you for joining us at CCMC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm glad you can see the shimmer. It's difficult to get a good photo of it.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely card! The shimmer is so pretty on this! I love how you used all the punches and dies! Thank you for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Where would we be without all our punches and dies to play with on our projects:)

      Delete
  3. Nicely done. I really like the layout on this card. Great for the stamped images you used. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so much! This was a fun challenge. I just had to play with these colors!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...