Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

A Card I DIDN'T Like to Make

After the last couple of days, I'm trying hard to get my blog back on a happier note.  I do have a card to post that you haven't seen yet.  I hope it will help you when you need to create this type of card.  I don't like to make sympathy cards but they are a necessary part of our lives and I'm glad that I'm able to do it for someone special.

If you're like me, sympathy cards are sooooo difficult to create.  You want them to be special, personal and bring comfort to the recipient.  This one took a very long time to create.  I am pleased with the results and wish I didn't have to send it.  I am glad though that I am able to do it and, hopefully, bring some comfort to those grieving.  This one is for a very dear friend.
My card has multiple layers and a spritz of my Frost White Shimmer Paint/alcohol mixture on the front.  I used the Apothecary Art stamp set and cut it with our framelits die.  I added touches of color to the flowers and leaves, using inks and our Aqua Painter.  The sentiment is from the Loving Thoughts stamp set.  As you can see, I've added a lot of layers (my signature:) and cut the lower portion of some of them with the edgelits die.
I added a special layer to the inside, too, to make it easier to stamp a sentiment and write a message. This shape is from the Top Note die.  My color story is Marina Mist, Soft Suede, Early Espresso and Very Vanilla.
I embossed the top layer on the front of the card AND the lower portion of the envelope with one of my special embossing 'strips' cut from the Finial Press embossing folder.  Embossing always adds a layer of elegance.

I hope this will be an inspiration to you.  Of course, you can always change the sentiment and create a card for a happier occasion.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...