Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Green, Green and Neil Diamond

I wanted to show you a card today that will get some music flowing through your mind.  My card design is inspired by a sketch challenge and I chose to do it in a monochromatic color story -- thus, the Green, Green song in my head.
I used the stamp set My Friend and, because it contains text stamps for 'hello' and 'my friend,' my daughter calls this stamp set our Neil Diamond stamp set -- thus putting yet another tune in my head.  I do love this stamp set.  It's surprisingly versatile and a lot of fun to use.
I used 2 of our In Color brads and made a double layer of my text strip, to create added interest.  I sponged the edges of both of the strips, to give extra texture.  The little knotted bit of ribbon is created by tying a knot around a tiny sprig of our crochet lace trim.
I used the Big Shot to cut a circle for stamping and then cut a larger scalloped circle to layer behind it.  My colors are Lucky Limeade, Always Artichoke and a bit of Pear Pizzazz.  The vertical strip is created using a technique called Mother of Pearl.

Here's how you do the Mother of Pearl technique:
  • Place a bit of Frost White Shimmer Paint in a small container.
  • Wad up a small piece of plastic wrap.
  • Dip the plastic wrap into the paint and dab randomly over a piece of glossy white CS.
  • Set aside to dry.
  • Once the paint is dry, lightly sponge over the piece with Lucky Limeade ink, using a circular motion.
  • Tissue off excess ink, as desired.
So today, I challenge you to go try this fun technique on a creation of your own.  Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Especially beautiful combined with the lovely technique

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you stamped on the darker cardstock, rather than vanilla or white! It's really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I like the effect of the tone on tone stamping.

      Delete
  3. A gorgeous technique on an equally stunning card!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...