Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

to my friend...

Here's another card I made to send to a friend.  I've used Island Indigo, Pool Party and Whisper White.  The ribbon accents are done with Pear Pizzazz Pleated Satin Ribbon.  The In Color brads add a little extra embellishment.


In the close-up, you can see that I used markers to color directly onto the stamp.  Once you huff, you're ready to stamp a vivid image onto your Whisper White CS.  For more tips on this method of coloring, check my previous post.  I sponged around the white layer, to give it more depth.

After I completed the card, I added a layer of Pool Party to the inside, to make it easier to see the message.  I also added a bit more texture and glimmer by using the Color Spritzer with an Island Indigo marker on just the right hand portion of the card, mostly at the top corner.  I then came back and spritzed the entire card front with my Frost White Shimmer paint/alcohol mixture.  Yes, I use this a lot; it just adds the perfect finishing touch.
The stamp sets I used are Up in the Air (Hostess Set) and Friendly Phrases.  To attach the Pear Pizzazz Pleated Satin Ribbon (Say that 3 times fast! :)  --- here's what I did:
  • I cut my Pool Party piece, using one of the framelits dies.
  • I cut off part of the shape, to lay it flat against the straight edge of the card.
  • I laid the piece down onto the card front and drew around it lightly with a pencil.
  • I removed the cut piece and traced the pencil line with Liquid Tombow adhesive.
  • I then gently pressed the ribbon into the wet adhesive.  It attaches really well.
  • Next, I traced around the back edges of the Pool Party piece with Liquid Tombow so it would attach well to the ribbon.
  • I also added dimensionals to the center area of the Pool Party piece, to accommodate the height of the ribbon.
After that, I just finished the rest of the layers for my card.  I plan to use this one in the Clean and Simple blog challenge.

I love this color combo together and hope you'll give these colors a try.  I am always amazed at how easy it is to work with the pleated ribbon.  It comes in other colors, too, so you can come up with other great color combos that you like.  Try finding a favorite new color combo to try today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...