Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

A Hybrid Card

After my husband's car disaster this morning, I wanted to chase away the gloomy feeling by creating a very vibrant and cheery card.  I chose Poppy Parade, Concord Crush and Daffodil Delight.  I decided to use the Mojo Monday card sketch challenge to plan my layout.
Here's what I came up with, including some work with MDS:
The flowers are from the Fabulous Florets stamp set.  The flowers stamped on the Whisper White background are actual stamps.  The larger (daffodil delight) flowers were created using MDS.  The beauty of a hybrid card is that you can still coordinate all your images, but you can also create the size that you need to work with your design.  I printed mine on Whisper White CS and then cut them all out and attached them with dimensionals.
The center flower has extra layers of just parts of the image, to give even more dimension.  I used Poppy Parade ribbon and the text is from the Fabulous Florets stamp set.  I sponged the edges of the piece with the text.  You can also see that I added a layer of Everyday Enchantment DSP behind my little strips of CS.  Once again, I have a card with lots of layers, texture and dimension.  I added a bit of Frost White Shimmer Paint/alcohol mixture spritzed over the top of the completed card.

I hope you'll try creating a vibrant project.  It really perks you up as the colors just sing together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...