Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Celebrate Today...and Make it Sweet!

Today, I designed a card using the Sweet Shop DSP.  This is one of our specialty papers, so 2 of the designs are embossed.

This card is for another sketch challenge --- I told you I was addicted to trying them.  I chose my color palette from the DSP --- Wisteria Wonder, Calypso Coral, Pool Party and Island Indigo, and some Whisper White.  The ribbon is also Calypso Coral.  I added a fun embellishment to the Curly Label punched piece --- one of our Jelly Bean Brads.
There are a lot of layers on this card.  (They don't call me the Queen of Layers without a reason;)  After I completed the card, I added a spritz of my Frost White Shimmer Paint/alcohol mixture.  The sentiment is from the Perfectly Penned stamp set.

In case you're wondering, this is a 5 1/4" square card.  By making it larger, I could use 4 strips of the DSP and have plenty of room.  (The DSP strips are 1" wide and cut into a flag shape at the bottom using a square punch.)
I hope this card inspires you to make something sweet (No calories in this project!) and to celebrate today by stamping up something really fun.

2 comments:

  1. what a beautiful card. I love the colors you chose and yes, all the layers {smiles}. Thank you for playing along with us @ SQSC

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome. I enjoyed playing along with your challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...