Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Thank You! ... and A Snowman Layout

I would like to start today's post with a huge 'Thank You' from my heart
          --- to all those who have taken the time to leave a comment and/or sign up as a follower.  It means a lot to me that you take the time to do this.  I love to share what I do with others and your actions inspire me to continue to do so.

Today's post seems unusual to me because it involves snow and a snowman and I feel like we've hardly had any snow this winter.  Now, I'm not complaining.  I think one good snow per winter is enough for me.  I can admire the beauty of it and then be ready to move on:)  I'd be quite content to live in my Birk's year round.  I did like creating a snowy layout for one of my recent classes, so meet my chubby snowman!
My color story is Baja Breeze with Concord Crush.  This color combo really sets off the snow and punched snowflakes.

If you look very closely, you can see that I added tiny touches of clear Dazzling Details to the snow and to each snowflake.  It just adds a bit of sparkle to the layout.
I used our Concord Crush ribbon for his scarf.  It is easy to fray the ends to look like the fringe on a scarf.  I tore the snowman (and 'coal' pieces) free hand from card stock.  I cut his hat to fit his head.  The hat band is a piece of Concord Crush ribbon that is cut to 1/2 the width.  His nose (Tangerine Tango) is created  with the pennant punch.  Cut 1 side; attach a sticky note (to hold onto it) and slip the nose back into the punch so you can cut down the other side to a narrower width; round off the larger end of the nose with paper snips.
Since we didn't have much snow this winter, I will have to dig out some old snowy photos or save the layout for a winter with more snow.  In the meantime, my little snowy guy has a happy, silly grin and seems content to wait for someone to join him in some snowy fun times.

I don't plan on making too many more winter layouts just now because Spring is calling my name.  I will be sharing other layouts with you soon, that's for sure.  Now, go dig out some of your favorite photos and get scrapbooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...