Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Another Journal from the Try It Kit

In my last post, I showed you a journal that was pretty much like the suggested version.  Today, let's step it up a bit!  Here's a vintage version with a little seaside thrown in for fun.

Here's how I made it:
  • I stamped directly onto the journal, using Crumb Cake and Soft Suede inks.
  • I sponged around the edges of the journal with Soft Suede ink.
  • I wrapped linen thread around the front cover of the journal.
  • I tied in some seam binding and crochet trim.
  • I attached a piece of the gorgeous lace from our Artisan's Kit.
  • I stamped a shell and some sand dollars, cut them out and attached them over the lace.
  • Liquid Tombow holds everything securely in place.

That's it!  A beautiful, vintage journal in no time at all.

After all the excitement of getting to peek at the new catalog online yesterday, not to mention ordering a few of the new goodies, I am still kind of reeling.  My advise to you:  If you want to get something from the current catalog - DO NOT WAIT - get it now, because things will be going fast.  Once they're gone; they're gone.

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...