Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

Sketch Template Series, Part 1

Today's post is the beginning of a series on how to use templates to design your cards.  This is a project that I started at my last Team Meeting.  There are many ways you can get inspiration for designing a card and using a template is a great way to jump-start your creativity.

At my Team Meeting (Inkin' in the Land of Lincoln), I presented everyone with 4 card sketch templates.  These 4 were designed by my daughter, Jenn.  The assignment was to choose 3 of the 4 sketches to create three cards.  I put out several choices of DSP, along with coordinating stamps and CS and let everyone get started.  I am always amazed at what everyone creates.  We had a lot of fun!  I actually created 2-3 cards for each template because I wanted to show how versatile a template can really be and I wanted to share it all with everyone.

Let's start today with our first sketch:
Here are the cards we have so far.  I should have more soon from out-of-state team members.  We sometimes take a while to get everything coordinated.  



I haven't always shown them in the photos, but I do make coordinating envelopes to go with all my cards.


So, if you're ever having a creative block, using a template sketch is one way to get a jump-start on your creativity.

Today's cards were all created using this same template, along with the coordinating stamps and DSP for Storybook Friends and World Treasures.  In case you are wondering, neither of these stamp sets is retiring.  There is a tab at the very top of my page that you can click to check out what all is retiring.  If there's something you're thinking about getting, do not wait.  Many items are already gone, so don't miss out on something from your wish list.

I hope today's post inspires you to try using this sketch (or others) to create some wonderful cards.  Please do me the honor of leaving a comment if you decide to give it a try and play along with us in this little series.

Next up:  I'll have 3 more templates for you, each in their own post.  Be sure to check back for more creative inspiration.

Be sure to check out my class schedules for upcoming events.  Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...