Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

Sympathy Cards --- not fun, but necessary

Sympathy cards are never fun to send, but they are a necessary part of life.  I have gone through my stash, replenished it, gone through those, replenished those... and over and over again.

These are some of my last creations.  With a different sentiment and perhaps changing the colors a bit, they would be good masculine cards, too.

I used Just Believe, So Sorry and Serene Silhouettes stamp sets for these cards.  I chose the elegance of a black, white and gray combination.


Because the card bases are dark, I have a layer of white CS inside each card.  I have a stamped sentiment on each, with a little more stamping at the bottom and there is coordinated stamping on the envelopes, as well.





So, which design is your favorite?  Be sure to let me know.

I truly hope I don't ever need to send a card of this type to you but, if I do, I hope it will send a message of love and comfort and help you know that someone cares.

On a happier note...

I'm nearly finished with the last of the kits earned by those placing qualifying orders during our Free Shipping days.  No wonder I'm tired.  I actually would have been finished a couple of days ago I think, but we had a problem with a mystery leak during our last gushing rain storm.  Also, my legs were getting pretty tired because I mostly stamp standing up.  I started out that way and it just works better for me.  As for the mystery leak, it is going to involve tearing out the damaged ceiling (which would have had to be replaced anyway) and trying to find the leak.  I am super stressed about just how much tearing out is going to be involved.

There is really nothing I can do beyond worrying about it, so I will just stamp on and hope for the best.  It will involve an area in my studio.  I've moved everything in prep for them coming to do this, so I can at least go back to work for now... so..., before the dust settles in my studio, I'm off to finish the rest of the kits and then make some new goodies for my Prairie Treasures booth at the Root Cellar.  

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...