Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

Happy Earth Day and 1 More Happy Birthday to my First Born, Along with a Useful Tip for Stamping


Well, that is a long title, but that's what I have to share today --- so get ready!  First of all, Happy Earth Day.  I have another all green card for you, in honor of Earth Day.
This is one of the cards I made for my free kits during our free shipping promotion.  Most of the cards full size and a few were made with our cute little note cards.  I like the clean, crisp look of the green and white color story.  My green is Lucky Limeade.

As for the kits, I did have a lot.  They've all been picked up now and are being enjoyed by the lucky recipients.  These are just the last of those ready to be picked up.  As I said, I made a lot!
Now, for the birthday.  Yesterday was my daughter's birthday.  I made this card in honor of her birthday.
I knew I was hand delivering it (with a fun gift card inside) so I decided to make an over-sized card.  My colors are Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Island Indigo and Lucky Limeade.

... and here's my tip:
Whenever I am designing a card, layout or projects, I often go in a different direction than from where I first start.  This means that sometimes I have really nice (stamped) pieces that I do not use right then.  I keep these in a little case together.  When I get ready to start a new project, I keep these pieces in mind so I can pull them out and most of my work is already completed.  I added the 'Happy Birthday' and then chose my card base and a mat for the Crumb Cake layer.  As in all darker card bases, I added a lighter piece inside so I could write on it.
... and there you have it... a really nice card for a very special someone who has blessed my life for several years now.  I won't tell how many.  That would make her mad and make me look bad:)
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...