Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Spring really is here and a mini tutorial...

Yes, Spring really is here and I have the allergies to prove it.  Today, I'd like to share a simple technique with you that really makes a wow on your card or project.

It's a form of the Emboss Resist technique.

Mini Tutorial:
  • Stamp image using VersaMark ink.
  • Heat emboss with white EP.
  • Let cool.
  • Create a mask with thin paper with torn edges.  (I used sticky notes.  The sticky part helps to hold them in place on your project.)  I went for a rectangular shape for my background.
  • Lightly sponge over your stamped, embossed image working in a circular motion.  Notice that mine is darker around the image and gets lighter as you work your way out.
  • Add a sentiment, embellishments, and layer onto your card base.
  • Stamp a coordinating image onto your envelope.  (I like to do the lower, left corner on the front and the flap on the back.)
  • That's it!
Tip:
For a really nice, finished look, add a layer of white CS to the inside of the card.  You can add more stamping inside or leave blank, for writing a note.

Notice that I added a little detail to the card by making a series of knots in the ribbon.  The ribbon is wrapped around the black CS layer before attaching that layer to the card.

I hope you'll give this technique a try.  It's really fun and truly does create a wow factor on your card or project.  If you don't want the torn edges effect, you could always use the negative image from a piece of CS cut with a framelit, such as one of our ovals or one of our Apothecary labels, for your background sponging.

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...