Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Art Journal #3... a Journal With a Secret

This is my third Art Journal... for experimenting and just playing around, creatively.  This Art Journal has a secret!  It's our Stampin' Up! This and That Journal ('Documented') and I wanted to see how it would be to use it as an art journal.  I think this is going to be a ton of fun.  This journal will truly be a 'This and That' journal.  I'll share inside pages as I work on them.  For now, here's a look at the covers.
This cover started out with a couple layers of gesso and a sprig die cut from CS.  I used gesso to attach the sprig and then went over it with a couple more coats of gesso.  It worked beautifully.  After that dried, it was a matter of playing with spritzers until I got the look I wanted.  To make the leaf sprig stand out more, I outlined the leaves with our gold Stampin' Dazzle marker.  I added bits of shading with the marker and by dripping bits from the spritzer and then blending parts with my finger before it dried.  Talk about fun!!!  Working with your fingers can be really messy, but necessary, and just adds to the fun, really.  After I felt like it was totally finished, I added the Scrabble Tiles for a title.  I 'aged' them with some Distress (Vintage Photo) Ink.

Here's a look at both covers, front and back:
Here are all the This and That journals that Stampin' Up! has available now.
Because this journal is kind of unique, being a This and That Journal, I realize that I will still need at least one more journal... with big, blank pages... for larger projects.  No problem.  It just came in the mail a few days ago.  Yes, another project awaits me.  Life is good!  The cover is almost finished already, so I'll be sharing it very soon.
I really like how this one turned out and can't wait to share the next one.  Come back soon and check it out.

- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world.
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...