Pages

Friday, February 6, 2015

Sending Wishes Vintage Card

My new camera cord is here and working, the puppies haven't gotten into any further trouble, and I am thrilled to be able to share this card with you today.  I love the rich texture and layers of a vintage card.  I think I'm an old soul at heart, when it comes to how much I love most all things vintage.

My card uses my favorite new stamp set, Butterfly Basics, along with some gold speckles using our Gorgeous Grunge stamp.
I grunged up the edges of the DSP by distressing and then sponging.  I added a few gold sparkles over the finished top layer of the card, the envelope and the inside of the card.
I love this fern stamp.  I've used it full strength, as well as stamping off a few images.  This gorgeous butterfly is the middle of 3 sizes of thinlits dies.  I can't wait to play with the other sizes as well.

TIP --- FOR SUPER EASY CUTTING OF THINLIT DIES:
Create your Big Shot 'sandwich' like this ---
Clear Plate
Butterfly Thinlit
Waxed Paper
Card Stock (CS)
Dryer Sheet (I folded mine over to create 2 layers.)
Clear Plate
Magnetic Platform
Run through and back again 3 or 4 times before removing from the Big Shot.
This tip also works well with the Darling Doily Thinlit Die.
The butterfly is cut from our Brushed Gold CS.  I discovered that it really looks nice on projects with a vintage look and the weight of the CS is excellent for creating a beautiful butterfly.  By gluing just the center of the butterfly to the card, you can fold the wings out a bit once the glue dries.  Because of the weight of the CS, it holds its shape and position beautifully.  Love it!

- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world.
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...