Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Painted Petals and Butterflies ... Framed

It's fun to add a quick, new look to your decor by changing up what's in a picture frame.  I especially love square frames and today's project works perfectly in a square frame.  I actually placed the glass behind the art work, so I can keep my project 3-dimensional.  Here's my project.
Here's how you can make your own framed project:
1.  Get a nice square frame.
2.  Add a beautiful piece of Designer Series Paper (DSP).
     You may have to trim it a bit to fit.
3.  Add die cut butterflies (mine are double layered) to the top of the art work.
4.  Display in a fun place in your home.
5.  Step back and enjoy!  It's that easy.
6.  If you get tired of it, simply change it all out for something new.

Tips:
-- I have double-layered my butterflies, using 2 colors of CS.
-- They are all attached just in the middle, so they are very dimensional.
-- Letting the wings overlap the edges of the frame adds more interest to the art.
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world.
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...